Baked Zucchini Fries - as seen on Chop.Stir.Mix.
What You Need:
1-2 large zucchinis
eggs (or egg whites)
1 c. breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. Italian spices (not necessary if you use Italian-flavored bread crumbs)
1 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
What you do:
1) Using a mandolin (makes life so much easier) or by hand, chop the zucchini into long cubed strips.
2) Mix in the garlic powder (I used Tastefully Simple's Garlic Garlic which I LOVE), cheese, and spices into the breadcrumbs on a plate.
3) Dip the zucchini stripes into the beaten eggs and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Lay on a non-stick cookie sheet. At this point, I use a little spray olive oil (like Pam) over the top of the sticks. It helps the breadcrumbs get crunchier.
4) Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes or until adequately browned and crispy.
5) Serve with marinara for dipping and enjoy!
Julie's Verdict:
- I really liked them, particularly the thinner ones as they had a more "fry" taste rather than the zucchini. DH didn't like them, nor did I expect him to...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment